ALE provide bespoke transport, lifting and installation solutions based upon each client's needs. As Rigger / Operator you will be at the forefront of these operations, you will therefore be committed to carrying out all of your duties in a safe, responsible and efficient manner.
Your primary role will be to help in assembling steel structures and preparing for the lifting of heavy items. As part of this role you will operate a Fork Lift and a Cherry Picker.
The ability to work at height safely is an important feature of this role.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills in operating, driving, loading, offloading and mobilizing all types of hydraulic trailers and heavy vehicles.
Whilst prior experience is an advantage, full training will be given prior to the use of any of this equipment.
No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both nationally and internationally.
If you’re looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further.
- Installation and fitting of steel structures
- Rigging using hoists, cranes, lifting gear, pulleys and jacks to lift and move items.
- Operation of fork lift truck and telehandler
- Working at height and operation of cherry picker (mobile elevated work platform)
- Drive, load / offload, mobilise and operation of trailers and specialised ALE transport equipment (eg. SPT / SPMT)
- Operation of other hydraulic equipment
- General maintenance of equipment
- Liaise on a daily basis with supervisor, operations manager and / or line manager.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with legal, company and client regulations.
- To use and maintain all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), reporting any defects to your supervisor
- Complete daily checks of all plant equipment in your care.
- Work with the supervisor to control the allocated work area through demarcation to ensure unauthorised personnel do not enter the work area.
- Promote and ensure good housekeeping is practiced at all times.
- To follow the correct procedure to report details of any accident, incident or nonconformity and to participate in the investigation of the aforementioned.
- To promote and participate in all Health, Safety, Quality and Environment and training initiatives, such as SSOT.
- To understand that preventing injury, damage and nonconformity will improve company profit and efficiency.
- You may be expected to deputise for other personnel from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified Fork Lift operator
- Relevant Working at Height qualifications
- Heavy vehicle operation / license
- Cherry picker (MEWP) license
- Rigging, Slinger-signaller or Lifting Operation Supervisor
- Standard industry health and safety requirements
- Fork lift operation on a busy site or yard
- Working at height
- Operation and maintenance of trailers, including SPT and SPMT
- Previous experience working with hydraulic and / or mechanical equipment
- Operation and maintenance of heavy / abnormal trucks
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to plan, organize and work efficiently under pressure
- Competent English speaker
- Clear understanding of the relevant equipment and its use
- Operation of driving and maintaining heavy / abnormal vehicles
- Fluent English written and spoken
- Good communicator able to give clear concise instructions to operational personnel
- Able to work as part of a team and assist in all job requirements
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site operator Client Project manager)
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work / modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Willing to travel and work nationally and internationally for extensive periods
- International driving licence