lowonganmigas.net-One of the biggest oil and gas company in the world that expand their business in Indonesia, British Petroleum, open a vacant position for shipping job category that hired based Jakarta, Indonesia. BP's business focusing from exploration, production, refining, trading untill distribution of energy that global scale class. British Petroleum now operates in more than 80 countries in the world with business activities and all the customers. Every time, we give our best serve for millions of customers around the world. Working at BP will give you chance worldwide opportunity , we continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to search the best practice for our energy in the future. Please check below detail information for your application for Jobs Marine Superintendent British Petroleum.
Marine and HSSE:
- Manage and oversee all day to day marine activities directly related to the management and operation of assigned vessels.
- Manage and review Charterer and internal Shipping procedure, in accordance with TCP and OMS, including fleet HSSE. This will include carrying out investigations into any incident or accident involving Tangguh fleet. Make sure any lessons learned and best practices are captured and circulated to all stakeholders. Manage current performance expectations with respect to world class safety performance.
- Provide expertise to the Master and voyage operations team on all marine related issues in a timely manner for maximising the commercial opportunity. Intervene on marine matters where failure to do so could impact on vessel commercial operations.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with and supportive of Shipyard HSSE bridging documents and Continuous improvement programmes.
Assurance: Deliver marine operational assurance for chartered vessels consistent with time charter party commitments/agreement.Manage Vetting and clearance in fleet with owners and BP V&C team to make sure vessel delivered the cargoes safely.
- Ensure assigned vessels have systems in place and are operated in accordance with Industry safety management standards and that any modifications are subject to a formal review process and approved as time charter party agreement.
- Ensure ships are visited as per time charter party agreement and a report is completed for each ship visit. Ensure any system failures or deficiencies that may prevent the assigned vessels delivering performance on contract commitments are acted upon in a timely manner and also communicated to the customer.
- Assist Technical superintendent on making sure that Ship Owner conducts appropriate (as per time charter party agreement) project management (docking operations, including sourcing of spares, contracting in specialist services and final price negotiations with shipyard).
- Ensure all Marine and operational document related are well documented and ready for audit purposes.
People: Liaise with vessel Manager, Superintendent, Ship Master, and Chief Engineers of Tangguh chartered LNG vessels to make sure there is no personnel issues that could impact operations. Performance appraisals of the officers and engineers will be done by Ship Owners – however Marine Superintendent will be responsible to check/validate and provide any recommendation on promotions (with the rest of the Shipping team member before final approval from Shipping Manager).
- Ensure maximum availability of assigned vessels for commercial trading by minimizing downtime. When determining the appropriate timing for periods of elective downtime the Commercial team must be consulted to ensure that, to the extent possible, the financial impact is minimized.
- Ensure/verify the result of OPEX adjustment audit result by our consultant so that is liable to be charged to BP as OPEX.
Finance: Providing input regarding costs that are managed in accordance with agreed accountable budgets and in accordance with financial approvals. Develop continuous improvement ideas to reduce operational complexity and optimize cost efficiency.
- Deck Class 1 Certificate of Competency
- Sea going experience (6-10 years)
- 2-3 years in the rank of Chief Officer/Master onboard in LPG/LNG tankers or any Equivalent professional marine qualification/experience with a shipping background with substantial experience in ship operations/management and/or marine terminal operations/management.
Essential experience and job requirements
- Management: Management systems; Classification Society and Flag Administration; Modification Request; HSSE; People and Competence; Vessel Operation Performance; Commercial; Marine Assurance; Management of Change; Tangguh Shipping Procedures; Finance
- Technical: Navigation; Fabric Maintenance; Compatibility & Mooring; Cargo Operations and Safety Equipment
Sound knowledge of main principles of the followings:
- Deck Machinery
- Liquefied Cargo management
- Vessel Performance Monitoring